Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hubby's Restaurant Pick

Our second night in Niagara Falls, hubby picked Tony Roma's for dinner.  We had passed by two during our travels the first day and his curiosity was peaked.  

While at the restaurant, we asked our waitress a little about Tony Roma's.  Apparently, they began in Miami, Florida.  Strangely enough, within the 50 states there are only 15 states with Tony Roma's locations.  

I was a little sad to find that out.  Especially since New Jersey had one, but it was in a spot that I won't visit too soon.


It was delightful from start to finish.  We began with boneless buffalo wings which we were so hungry for I didn't even bother to snap a picture.  The pieces were of a splendid two-bite size.  The chicken was fresh with the exact amount of coating and crispiness needed to make these the best boneless buffalo wings ever.

As we waited for our dinner, we were lucky to again be privy to the performance of "The Prince of the Air" as he began his tightrope walk for that evening.


Our dinner arrived shortly after and we both giggled with excitement as it was placed in front of us.

Well, I giggled.  Hubby groaned that he had to wait a minute for me to snap some pictures.


Hubby ordered a full slab of the St. Louis ribs with the "Maker's Mark Bourbon BBQ Sauce".


This was one of his sides: Loaded Mac and Cheese and that's right, there is bacon on top.  It made me ooh and ahh.  I promised myself right then and there that I would try to be more daring with my own homemade mac and cheese.


 I was feeling a little indecisive so I went with the Filet Medallions and Ribs Combo.  The filet medallions had a Cabernet demi-glace and I went with the Original BBQ sauce on my ribs.

The ribs were unable to be beaten.  The meat slid off just with a little tug from my fingers.  I didn't once have to bring my teeth to the bone.  Hubby did notice that his ribs were definitely meatier (as the St. Louis Ribs are advertised to be).  The filet medallions were well-done, even though I wanted medium, but they were still delightful.

The real winner in my meal was the loaded mashed potatoes.  The ratio of cheese to bacon to scallions to potato was fantastic.  The potatoes were thick and creamy and I probably could have eaten a whole bowlful of them alone.

If we had the room, I definitely would have gotten dessert.  They only offer mini desserts.  You can pick one or do a "dessert trio".  The pictures in the menu alone told me that I had to have them.  But my full tummy disagreed.

I guess that will have to wait until next time.

Because there will someday be a next time.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment